Tuesday, August 23, 2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Maggie Decker







1. When/why did you decide to become a writer? *

I can't Not write. I remember writing my first imagined story when I was just 6 or 7. My mind was just too filled with ideas and I was supposed to be being quiet. So without anyone to tell my "imagine ifs" to, I grabbed a pencil and paper and wrote.


2. What authors inspired you when you were younger? What books do you enjoy reading today? *

I learned to read with the Oz books. So much imagination. Then I read the Little house books and discovered I liked history too. These days I love books that make me feel like anything is possible and that the little guy might be cooler than everyone thought. Plus vamps and weres. Ya, they flip my switch.


3. What was the inspiration behind your latest release? *

I was stuck watching a teen vamp movies with my kids. I just kept thinking "why should she chose just one?" So I wrote a story in which my MC doesn't have to chose between guys. Plus, she's a chubby baker that'll kick butt when needed.


4. Were any of the characters personalities or emotions taken from real life? *

Definitely. My MC had trauma and loss that I pulled from my own life. Also she is a snarky chic that likes to take care of people but might cut you if you hurt a person she loves. I relate.


5. Why do you write in your chosen genre? What other genres would you like to try your hand at? *

I love the paranormal. It makes my imagination soar. Werewolves and vamps and fairies are hot.
I am currently writing a science fiction piece about time travel, who knows if it will ever see the light of day, but it's there for me when the muse calls.


6. What would you do if you were your main character? *

Stay in bed for a month with my mates, for starters. I think other than that I would keep investigating and searching for answers. There is something amiss and it's affecting everyone she loves and cares for, and plenty of people she's not yet met.


7. Will we ever see these characters again? *

Oh definitely. Book 2,3, and 4 have all been started. This mystery will be solved.


8. Would you like to see this book as a film or TV show? If yes, who do you want to see play your characters? *

That would be great! I think Holland Roden might work for my MC. For the men, hmmm, Alexander Skarsgard for Ben and Jai Courtney for Adam. That might not be perfect, but they are all so pretty it'd be forgiven right?


9. Where do you see yourself and your career in the next ten years?

Hopefully finishing up the Hidden Pack series and releasing the yet untitled fairy series that's floating around in my head.


10. Is there anything you haven't touched on that you'd like readers to know about your book? *

These characters aren't bubblegum. They have emotions and problems and pain. Things have happened and are happening to them. They don't have everything figured out perfectly, but they are trying. Just like all of us.


11. What would you be doing if you weren't writing? *

Probably still working at the phone company.


12. Can you tell KSR what you're working on next? *

Book 2 is coming, it's about her Beta that you meet at the end of this book. Of course I'm also working on Argies story and also another minor character from book one, Judy, woke me up in the middle of the night telling me she wasn't as insignificant as I'd previously thought.


13. What authors, dead or alive, would you like to collaborate with? *

Poe, Laurell K Hamilton, Angelou, and Lora Leigh.


14. What are three things that may surprise your readers to know about you? *

I'm addicted to books. I read ANYTHING.
I am petrified of birds, evil chirping beasts.
I have wanderlust. I hate being anywhere for more than 2-3 years.


15. Please list your links where readers can find you online and purchase your works. *

http://smarturl.it/JustDessert
Facebook.com/maggiedecker

No comments:

Post a Comment