Monday, June 22, 2015

RELEASE DAY/BOOK REVIEW: "Call Of The Moon" by NicolaJayne Taylor




The moon will rise, the moon will be bright and it will call upon the night

The moon will rise, the moon will be bright and it will call upon the night… Lindsay Delfino begins to receive strange calls one evening. She has a strange and frightening dream about a stray dog she saw on her way home from work and awakens to find her room turned over by some unseen force. When one of those calls comes through at work, her boss, Lee Waterman steps in and Lindsay’s world is suddenly, terrifyingly turned upside down. This dark tale comes from the one and only Nicolajayne Taylor, you can be assured that it will have you spooked. Call of the Moon is the first in a two book series and is horror at its best. The story is along the lines of the computer game Silent Hill but more frightening as Lindsay and Lee fall into an alternative world that they must follow the clues to get back to their own world with deadly consequences.



MY REVIEW:

Upon opening this book, we are immediately drawn into a world of creepy weirdness, as a strange dog is stalking our already tortured femme fatale, Lindsay. It just gets weirder and weirder as Lindsay and her boss/lover Lee are drawn deeper and deeper into a Hellish conspiracy.
The plot of this book is very unique. It moves quickly, and I found myself finishing this in about an hour. The creepy factor, as I said, is huge. It is, in fact, one of the strangest books I've read, and I mean that in a good way. The horror, the eerie vibe, is intercut with sporadic moments of extremely hot and violent sex. Instead of being arousing, that only made the me feel even more unsettled.
Secrets, lies and two very disparate pasts collide at the end, leaving us breathless and a little afraid to turn off the lights.
I only had one issue with this book and that was that I would have liked more emotional detail. The horror and the erotica were written so well, I would've liked more grief or fear to have been described to even it all out.
This was the first book by Ms. Taylor that I have read, and I can now safely call myself a fan! This book is DEFINITELY for 18+, for horror and for sexual content, and it is one whirlwind of a ride. I love every second of it!

4/5--a brand new must-read!



Purchase Call Of The Moon on Amazon, FREE on Kindle Unlimited!

No comments:

Post a Comment