Thursday, November 14, 2013

GRAPHIC NOVEL REVIEW: "Angel Falling" by Jeffrey Kaufman

image





If you read my blog way back in June, you'll recall my review for the comic book The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys. I did not write that because I love [writer] Gerard Way's music (though I am a My Chemical Romance fan), but because since I could read, I have been obsessed with comics.

I grew up with Archie, Sonic the Hedgehog and then went on to read nearly everything DC Comics released in the past 10+ years.

So, when Malena Public Relations asked if I could review two graphic novels, I jumped at the chance!

While about 98% of the comics I read are superhero-based, I do enjoy the efforts of those who write truly original work. It takes a lot of talent, vision, drive, determination and balls. Jeffrey Kaufman, creator/writer of Angel Falling (also of Whore and Terminal Alice TA) has all that and more!With a team of talented artists (Kevin West; Justice League of America), colorists (Tom Chu; X-Men), and inkers (Mark McKenna; X-Men, Batman), Mr. Kaufman created a genius, moving, action-packed and surprising graphic novel, one that gives me hope that the comic industry (original comics in particular) isn't going down the toilet completely.

A woman wakes up on top of a dumpster, half naked and with amnesia. The reader learns along with her that she is no ordinary human, as she easily dispatches the rowdy men who try to rape her. Since she doesn't know who or what she is, she has to trust the young man with autism to help her survive being hunted by people she can't remember ever knowing?

But is it wise to run from who she is, especially since she herself doesn't know? And is Connor really her best option?

Jeffrey kaufman of Big City Comics is a talent I highly suggest all readers check out now, because, if I were a betting gal, I'd bet his popularity will only continue to grow with this graphic novel full of intrigue and plenty of surprises!

If you were concerned that maybe you won't enjoy a comic book, fear not, and give Angel Falling a try.

5/5--genius!

Purchase Angel Falling:

Amazon

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment